Saturday, August 11, 2007

magic loop: p0wned

Slowly but surely, I'm beating those Knucks into submission. I even have a grand plan to eradicate the chubby webbing and save the Quasimodo pinkie from certain doom. More on "the plan" once I've utterly failed at executing it. :0b

Last night I finally reached the point where I'm supposed to do my final ribbing on the cuff of each glove (the textured cuff doesn't feel quite manly enough for my hubby). I have a lot of trouble doing continental on double points, and the idea of doing English-style ribbing on two ten-point monsters wasn't all that appealing. As such, I decided to give magic loop a try for the first time. I adopted a "leave no glove behind" attitude, so I decided to transfer both gloves to a 60" circular and do all the rounds together. Part of me thought I was a little mad for being so ambitious, but I am, after all, from the street.

I transferred my stitches, wound up two beautifully manageable little center-pull balls, and went in for the kill. And you know what? I did really well. Not only did I find the magic loop thing pretty intuitive, but I've gotten good enough at continental that I'm able to do ribbing pretty quickly (quickly for me, mind you... Glampyre can still knit me into a full-body cocoon in the time it takes me to do one round). Finally! My general aptitude for things has applied to something in the knitting world. w00t!

No comments: