Thursday, August 30, 2007

One Down, One to Go

Finished Moss Grid Handtowel


When I dried it, it got all wrinkly. I think I need to dry it with other towels.


Here are close ups:

Un-blocked:



Blocked (and wrinkly):

It did tighten up quite drastically in the wash.

Start Date: August 19, 2007
End Date: August 30, 2007

Yarn: Louet Euroflax Originals-1 100g skein
Needles: Sz 5 Addi Turbos

Mods: I could only do 10 pattern repeats vs. the 12 that the pattern called for with the amount of yarn I had. It turned out long enough though so I'm happy.

Notes: This is a quick knit and the pattern varies enough so that it's not boring to knit a square. The pattern is easy but written horribly. I ripped back at least 5 times because I was confused by the pattern. Now that I have the pattern memorized by heart I could probably whip one of these out in a week. That's a good thing since I'm making this one a mate to give to my sister-in-law for her birthday on September 25th. First I have to finish the mate to this:

which is a birthday present for my sister. Her birthday is on the 17th of September. I cast on last night and I'm on the first part of the pattern. It's going much faster than this one did :)

3 comments:

geekgirl said...

Brava!! Beautiful. XD

Chelsea said...

YAY! I'm so glad you found us. I should go back to vox and just prune my neighborhood to include you. Then I'd be happy =D

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

I lurve the hand towel. It looks even better than I imagined now that it's plumped up!