Thursday, August 9, 2007

My First Christms FO*

What: House Hat from Charmed Knits
Cast On: July 19, 2007
Cast Off: August 7, 2007
Mods: None

I'm making three of these beanies for my 3 nephews. The next one will be mainly red with 2 small yellow stripes and the last one will be stripy but starting with yellow instead.

This is a good mindless project. It was my first with any color work (and I know this isn't really color work) but I did have to figure out how to carry the yarn up the back. I had issues at first, it kept coming out the front of the knitting...but I finally figured it out. YAY! Fun to do, easy to do, and quick to do. While this was on the needles I finished the CPH, almost finished my first sock, and started my first log cabin. This is the best kind of Christmas knitting!

Oh and my husband is the biggest ham ever! I asked him to be my model and he agreed BUT only after he got on his robes (read: a black hoodie), he posed with his Nimbus 2000 (read: a broom), and he smiled like a goober:

I actually learned and practiced Continental on this one. I can safely say that it is faster. I can also safely say that I need to work on my grasp on my right hand because it hurts my hand.


I love the detail on the top.

Can't wait to block it! Now it's off to start my first real colorwork. The Norwegian Stockings!

I also got the Fall Issue of Interweave yesterday. I'm in love. I physically hugged it a few times yesterday!!

*For those non Knitters a FO is a "Finished Object" And this isn't technically a finished object since I still need to weave in the ends and block it but hey-it's August and Christmas is 5 months away!!!

3 comments:

Squeedle said...

You married this guy? ;)

Chelsea said...

How could I not?

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

He's a WIZARD, tnq! That's totally sexy!