Friday, September 21, 2007

Green Tea, anyone?

Quite possibly the fastest socks in the west, I present:

Green Tea Socks
Pattern: Earl Grey by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Yarn: Knitpicks Risata in Grass
Needles: my new favorite Knitpicks fixed circular, nickel plated brass size 2.75mm, 32"
Mods: My gauge was bigger than the gauge in the pattern (to save my sanity), so I cast on 58 and increased to 60 instead of casting on 70 and increasing to 72. Otherwise, knit as written.



They're for the BIL for Christmas (shhhhh), so they're a bit big for me.


I love how the cables split at the heel and continue down the foot. Such a nice detail!

I started these last Sunday, September 16 and finished them just a few minutes ago, September 21. No joke. Boy socks. In 6 days. I started the second sock on Wednesday night, while Tobin and I watched Resident Evil, and I finished it today, Friday. I'm a reasonably fast knitter, but this lightening speed is unusual, even for me. It's like I was channeling Eunny Jang or something. I guess it was just a perfect combination of fantastic yarn, perfectly written pattern, and a crappy week at work that made these JUST what I needed to get to the weekend.

Next up? Some Highland Schottische Kilt Hose! (shh. I know I said BMP were next... and I still have the Rose on the needles... but the Kilt Hose are calling to me. And I'm using stash yarn, so it's not like they even count.) :)

3 comments:

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

Totally doesn't count. I'm getting beckoned by the Aran socks I'm planning for my Nan, but I have to push those onto the backburner until I get some more urgent knits out of the way. :0(

And those socks are great! I love the solid green with that cozy pattern!

Chelsea said...

Nope doesn't count one bit ;0) And I love those stockings!!! Your BIL better love those socks!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, they're so pretty! But, in a manly way, of course. Makes me want to break out some Risata and try the pattern for a Christmas present. Is there a blue tea that I could name them after? :)