Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ugly urchin...

I've been lolling on the couch being all sick for the last few days and was struck with an intense attack of knititis. I burrowed through my meager stash looking for yarn and a pattern and, with a little help from Adrienne, settled on the Urchin and a dusty pink skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn that I had left over from making a gift. I got about half-way through the hat when I figured out that I'd been doing it completely WRONG. That's what I get for not consulting with m.c. rib before starting.

Anyway, I ripped it all out and started it again, this time correctly. Once I finished it, I sadly found out that it was too small and also UGLY. I think I just needed to use size 11 or 11.5 instead of 10.5. I'm not sure if making the hat bigger and with a looser knit would make it necessarily look better though. Still, I may try it again after changing everything.

(side note: I actually looked around for my camera this time to take pictures for the blog, but I can't find it right now. I'll show you all the hat at our next Knit Night)

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

i refuse to believe in the ugliness without photographic evidence. you're just going to have to do better.

:)

lil purl aka Beth said...

i agree with m.c. rib. how can urchins be ugly? i can't wait to see it. =)