Sunday, September 16, 2007

Loksins, c'est fini!

The Loksins are finished!


Stats:

Pattern: Loksins by Cassandra Thorseson
Yarn: Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks Superwash Merino/Tencel in "Reds"
Needles: Knitpicks nickel-plated brass fixed circular US 2 (2.75mm), 32"
Started: September 7, 2007 Finished: September 16, 2007
Mods: Used a slightly larger needle than called for (simply because my size 1 was already on another project), did a slip-stitch heel instead of a plain heel, decreased to 24 stitches and grafted the toe, added 3/4" 1X1 ribbing at the cuff.

Notes: These are for my mom, for Christmas. One down... many to go! I LOVED this pattern and would totally knit it again. I added some ribbing to the top because I prefer ribbing on socks to a garter stitch cuff, which looks unfinished to me. I also did a snug, slipped-stitch heel because I like how it wears better than a plain heel. These went really fast, and the pattern was easily memorized. There's just enough of a challenge to the lace bits to keep you from getting bored, but it's only an 8 row repeat, so it's not too taxing on the brain. The first one took almost a week to finish, but the second sock flew off of my needles. I started it last Thursday night around 7 and finished it this morning. Turns out that second sock syndrome wasn't a problem after all.

I'm totally on a sock kick now -- Time to cast on Earl Grey for the BIL!

3 comments:

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

Lovely! Wish that yarn weren't so darn expensive, cause it knits up so perty as socksies!

Chelsea said...

We do have the same taste in patterns now don't we?

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

I would like to add (again) that your mom has shockingly lil' feet. Teeny teeny.