Saturday, September 1, 2007

I Have a New Love...

... and her name is Lacy. Here she is:

aww. Isn't she sweet? When I first got her, I wasn't so sure. We had to get to know each other, and it was a bit painful. Our first outing together looked a bit like cat sick.

So I moved on to another love. Her name is Rose. Here's her sleeve:

But then, I thought I should give Lacy another chance. We really hadn't spent very much time together after all. And now, I'm head over heels. Rose has been a bit neglected, but look! I made yarn!

I took the roving that Tobin brought me from Estonia, and spun it into singles. Then, I plied two of the bobbins together, and it made the bottom skein, with the colors of red twisted around each other. The other two bobbins I navajo-plied to preserve the striping of the yarn a bit more.


Now I'm spinning up the pound of grey wool that I got when I bought Lacy. We're getting along famously now! I'm hoping to spin that into enough worsted 2-ply to knit myself a hemlock ring blanket.

Rose goes everywhere with me, and hopefully that time in public together is enough for her for now, because when I'm at home? All I want is to be with Lacy.

5 comments:

geekgirl said...

Yay, you spin too!!! My husband calls my spinning wheel an "expensive fire-maker". Boys. *rolleyes*

So, are you the fiancee of Tobin who purchased him a PS3 as an engagement gift?

Chelsea said...

That first attempt DOES look like catsick-you're right! BUT your astonia yarn looks AMAZING!!! You're giving Brooklyn Tweed a run for his money!!! :) You know I love Rose so she'll be okay. Good job, jolly good job. OH and I'm still dizzy from last night :(

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

You and your sordid affairs.

Glad to see that you and Lacy are getting along better these days. Not that gifts of cat sick handspun wouldn't have been appreciated by your adoring friends. :0)

And Rose has plenty of admirers. I'm sure she doesn't even given what's her name a second thought. ;0)

Adrienne said...

Hi, Geekgirl, welcome to our little knitting world! I AM the fiance of Tobin who purchased him a PS3 as an engagement gift... how did you guess?

Since I posted this, I've already completely two-timed Lacy. Rose and I got it on ALL DAY yesterday, and I finished the first rose repeat of the body section while Tobin played Metroid. She's GORGEOUS. Me and my cheating heart. :)

geekgirl said...

I could guess because I saw him bragging on you in his podcast. Congrats to the both of you!! :-)

Rose is BEEYOUTIFUL, btw. If I had your mad skillz, I'd do her all day long!