Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm finally online!

Sooooo...after months of wanting to blog, I'm finally taking the plunge and going online to post! Yes, I am a self confessed ludite and the whole blogging thing scares me a little but I'm finally ready to share my stuff!

After having knit so many baby things recently (sorry I don't have pics of those), I finally started knitting something for myself again. Today was a great day for knitting (really what isn't?) but it was one of those cloudy, cool days where you sit on your couch with some tea and knit and cuddle with the cat. After some yarn tackling with my kitty, Crowe, I finally got to start on the Mr. Greenjeans pattern on knitty. KBULL, m.c.rib and I had a super trip to KBULL's LYS in San Mateo, Nine Rubies, where they were having an awesome sale. After much drooling and coveting over some other yarns that were a little out of the budget, I found some beautiful and more affordable Nature Wool color 50 which is a warm, lightly variegated burgundy. Beautiful! Thanks m.c. rib for finding the color! After a quick swatch check (which I almost skipped with my eagerness to start this project but was a good idea since my gauge was slightly off), knit knit knit I go! Here's my progress so far:

Unfortunately, in my super excitement, I failed to notice that I made a tiny hole which is causing me some distress about possibly frogging quite a bit of work. More likely, I'm just going to "fake it" and see how it looks after I've patched the hole:
I'm going to back to knitting now since my fingers are itching! I'll post back once I've got some sleeve action going.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

YAY!!! Welcome to the blog, Lil Pur! We've been waiting for you.

Mr. Greenjeans looks fantastic so far (don't frog! a little tiny stitch will fix that tiny hole.) And I'm glad I found that color for you! It's gorgeous!

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

'Lil Purl in da hizouse! X-)

Love the color. So sad I couldn't be there spending too much money on yarn with you!

As for the hole, see what happens when you patch. I have frogging copyrighted. ;0)

Chelsea said...

YAYS you're online. Such a fast knitter-I'm jealous!!!