Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First Socks-CHECK!

They're done:
Start Date: July 16, 2007
End Date: September 12, 2007 (with lots of projects in between :) )
Pattern: Sweatpea from Knitty
Method: Magic Loop (I learned ML on these socks!)
Yarn: Regia Silk Sock Yarn

Mods:

I didn't like the toe of the first one, which had me pull the tail through the remaining 12 stitches. So learned how to do Kitchener Stitch for the second one and liked it much better but then I had this:

So I ripped out the toe of the first one and now they match. And oh how do they match!

The first sock took me a good while to do. It was my first sock and we had some heartache. The second one? I started 2 weeks ago at Knitting Group at Nine Rubies, I didn't knit it at all over either weekend, mostly train knitting and I finished in 2 weeks. YAY. Oh and Kitchener stitch is the way to go!!!

Just for fun, here's a picture of me. I was trying to get the socks...I missed:

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

You Kinneared your self!

YAY! Congrats on the first socks! They're so cute.

Chelsea said...

Yes I was going to say that I Kinneared myself but I didn't want to be a poser :)

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

I don't know what y'all are talking about, but I love all the pictures of the socks!