Monday, September 10, 2007

pardon me... I seem to have misplaced my october?

My Pirate is coming along just swimmingly, despite the superfluous rows. Here's the latest pic I have, but I've done a whole skull repeat since it was taken:


Were I making it for myself instead of my large-headed brother-in-law, I'd be able to start my decreases and skip the third skull repeat. Alas, I need to cover the whole of his massive nugget.

Things I'm noticing:
  • I dig the taller skulls resulting from my accidental repeat.
  • A lot of my green stitches are hiding, and will need to be fluffed out when I block. Wonder if that means I'm pulling too tightly?

McR and I attended The Singularity Summit this weekend in San Francisco... and by "attended" I mean we accompanied our very geeky men-folk, tuned in and out as we saw fit (some of it was very interesting and some of it made me want to punch people in the throat to stop them from ever uttering another syllable), and got a whole lot of knitting done. Despite two full rows of tinking I managed to accomplish quite a bit, and I even made some progress on my mostly-moribund Sizzle and Glee projects.

Tantalizingly soon, I'll be able to turn my attention to my very first sock: Le Widdershins. My goal is to complete it for my mom's birthday in November. Last night I had a complete freak-out about my ability to finish it in time, because I conveniently forgot about the existence of October.

"Let's see... so I'll work on it while I'm in England... and I get back the 26th... and then I'll have to send it very soon to get it to her by the 6th. Crap, I hope I can wrap it up in a week..." *panic attack*
It wasn't until I got to work today and started grilling Kbull about what she wants for her birthday (also in November) that I worked out my error. Must needs new brainz, pleez.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

31 more days magically added to your life! YAYZ!