Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Didn't get much knitting done...

But I did transform my kitchen! To completely respect what this means. I moved in to this (September 2005):


We then embarked on painting the cabinets (which took about 6 months) and my kitchen looked like this (November 2006):


And then we got the floors and countertops redone but didn't do the backsplash and it looked like this (January 2007):





And then the microwave broke. We took it down sent it back and got a new one but decided not to put it back up until the backsplash was done. We went through many different revs of what we wanted to do for the backsplash until we (or more like Shaun) decided to do blackboard with a stripe of purple. Which resulted in my kitchen looking like this Sunday night:



Easter Egg:



Yes, it's bad. Our friends Josh and Parish came over and confirmed how bad it was. And then they saved our asses. You see, Josh is an artist and works with colors all day long. Parish is in school for interior design. They had the perfect color for us. Which is when our kitchen turned to this (Yesterday):







I lurve it. It's beautius. We're so close to being done. Next weekend we're going and picking out a tile border for where the wall meets the countertop and then-it's finally fucking done!!!

OH, I did do something knitterly. I organized my stash:


Top drawer is projects I'm either working on or that are in my queue for the near future:


Bottom drawer is yarn that I have no idea what to do with yet or is not going to happen in the next few months:


I also organized my needles:


So this feeling of not getting anything done? Is really stoopid.

No comments: