Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I've been too busy knitting to blog...

See?


I'm halfway finished with Autumn Rose's body. Finished the waist decreases, and I'm working on the increases now. Two Rose repeats down, three or four to go... This pattern is really fun to knit but have to say, getting to those intermediate, red stripes is a nice brain break.

I also cast on the Loksins!



I'm using Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks superwash merino/tencel in the colorway "reds" (it's actually a lot mor pink and sort of mauve, but whatever).

I love this pattern. It's easy to memorize, and it moves along with satisfying swiftness, after the agonizing (though addictive) slowness of the Rose. I'm doing these a little differently from most of the socks I knit, as KBull pointed out to me the other day: Top down. One at a time. It's nice not to have balls of yarn tangling hopelessly around each other, but I'm still nervous that I'll fall prey to my terrible case of Second Sock Syndrome, but the fact that these are a Christmas present for my mom will hopefully keep me going.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Look how pretty Rose is!!! YAY! And I love those socks. I may have to cast on :)

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

*salivates @ rose*

And you'll actually be finished in time for fall. No fair.