Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Oakland knit/crochet show and the 49ers game

Phew that was a busy day! A knit show and football game all in one day! I would normally complain about the "petite" nature of this knit show (Stitches is WAY bigger) but with less than 2 hours to shop, it actually worked out better this time! I hit the Oakland knit and crochet show early Sunday morning and with the recommendations of m.c.rib, went straight to the Article Pract and Red Fish stalls to get my knitter's block and lace yarn! Check them out:



More lace yarn from Terrilyn Needleworks:










Malabrigo lace yarn:











Afterwards, off I went to the 49ers/Seahawks game to accompany my mom. The game sucked (49ers lost 23-3) but the day was beautiful and the knitting totally made up for it!

I made great progress with my Mr. Greenjeans at the game. I am now on the second sleeve and will hopefully be blocking it soon before I do the rib band. I'll hopefully get started on some lace shawls soon to show off this fancy yarn! =)

1 comment:

Nina said...

ooh! what yarn did you use for the Greenjeans?

and oooohhh purty lace yarn! malabrigo lace yarn! I must get some!