Saturday, October 13, 2007

tales from the frog pond: my first lace

Harumph.

I
frogged my very first toe of which I was so exceedingly proud. I realized once I went to start the main body of the sock that I had somehow completely botched the increases and ended up with too few stitches. Like... "enough to notice" too few.

I was undaunted, and
frogged without a moment's hesitation. I was only 14 rows in, after all, and figured it was good practice at working the toe of a toe-up sock.

Well. I re-did my work last night, slightly under the influence of pain killers and High Victorian drama. I realized this morning that everywhere I was supposed to do an M1 increase, I instead did a yarn-over. Note that this is 4 times every round. For 14 or so rounds.

Perhaps third time will be the charm...

2 comments:

geekgirl said...

Ouch, that hurts. They don't make painkillers that take away the sting of multiple froggings... :-(

Adrienne said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! The first sock is always the most painful. Ask lil purl! But once you get through it, socks are the best. I was at Berkeley Bowl yesterday waiting in the interminable checkout line and I had no sock to comfort me! I could only stand there and look at the myriad variety of recycled paper towels. The lesson? ALWAYS carry a sock in your knitting bag to work on. (And by knitting bag, I mean whatever bag you happen to have with you, natch.)