Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Wisp


I started the Wisp yesterday, and this is as far as I got (after ripping half of it out and redoing it). It's nice because I can work on it while watching tv but it's not totally boring. The only problem is that my wrists and elbows are killing me. I think it's because of how I hold the yarn and needles. Something about the super thin yarn makes me change my hand positions to something very bad for me. Hopefully I'll be able to change that so I can get back to this.

2 comments:

lil purl aka Beth said...

looks great! you are a trooper to use that yarn and lace at the same time. my wisp is all bunched up and i must say still sitting on the desk waiting to be finished. are you holding your needles too tight or maybe you're not in an ergonomic knitting position? i've had to slow down the mr. green jeans a little bit because my right hand has been a little numb lately (don't tell the fiancee!) I can't wait to see it sunday.

geekgirl said...

Ugh, I hear you. I'm a little more than halfway done with Wisp, and not at all motivated to finish it. I had to rip it out the first time as well - I kept doing a YO before the last four stitches during the net pattern, and you're not supposed to. And the yarn is very slippy.

I really ought get back on it - it was originally going to be a birfday gift for my mom, and the big day is this Sunday!!