Monday, October 1, 2007

What do we think?

Spurred by Nina's experiments with the Urchin, I tried making Ysolda's Gretel pattern out of some Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk from the stash. Now, this yarn is heavenly to knit with. I LURVE it.

Not sure about the hat, though.
What do we think?

Do I look French?

This is my ooh la la face. How does it look?





And then, of course, there's pouty french face. Non?







Eez eet moi?'Cause, I'm about to run out of yarn... and I'm not quite done yet.

Oops.

Should I bother getting another ball of yarn, or consign zeez one to zee etang de grenouille? reebeet?

5 comments:

Nina said...

I think the hat shape totally works for you. I don't know about the brown against your brown hair though. It's hard to make out the hat, but that might just be the pictures. I think a nice red or pink would look awesome against your hair though.

lil purl aka Beth said...

I agree with the kid. It's a good shape but the color is too close to your hair. Red sounds good or a lighter brown, maybe?

Adrienne said...

hmmm... red. interesting.

i picked brown because hats always make my head look huge. so, i figured if i used something closer to my hair color, it would blend in. and it worked! sweet!

also, bad pictures in the bathroom don't make for very good contrast.

(btw, ssk, i think this hat would look really good on you, too. you should knit one!)

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

Tres chic. I think it looks great on you, yet oddly you don't quite LOOK like you when you wear it. You look like... AdriENNE, your French cousin.

Oh ho ho ho!

Chelsea said...

I vote a deep aubergine!!!